Sixfab GSM/GPRS Shield is using Quectel M66 GSM/GPRS module. It bears the optimal performance in SMS, Data transmission and audio service. Due to the small size(equal to size of raspberry pi zero) it is easily embeddable in any project like video streamer, establishing Internet connection, security systems, tracking system etc.
• It is a quad-band module(850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900MHz).
• Works on 3.3V ~ 4.6V(which is provided by the Raspberry Pi) No external power supply required.
• Operates at -35°C ~ +80°C.
• Supports Bluetooth BT 3.0 , Voice support
• Controlled via AT commands
• Autobauding 4800bps to 115200bps
• Maximum download speed 85.6kbps
• Uses UART ports or USB port (switchable port)
Now we will use this shield to create PPP (Point to protocol) internet connection. Elaborated steps are stated below.