Home Page Forums Tinylab Temperature Sensor reading too high

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KatieK 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

KatieK
    Participant

I’m working with tinylab’s onboard temperature sensor, and it seems to be reading too high a temperature. It reports 45C / 113F, when my room temperature is somewhere between 65F – 75F. Is there some kind of calibration I have to do for the temp sensor? Is it an LM35, or is it a different type of temperature sensor?

Thanks!

kerem

Hello, could you please write the code you use? Thanks.

KatieK
    Participant

Here is the code I’m using. Note that I’m using Johnny-Five, a JavaScript library for hardware. It’s worked as expected on other projects I’ve done on the tinylab.

KatieK
    Participant

Below is the code that I’m using. Note that I’m using Johnny-Five, which is a JavaScript library for hardware. It’s worked fine on other tinylab projects that I’ve used.

KatieK
    Participant

var five = require(“johnny-five”);
    var board = new five.Board();

// !! Seems to read too high a temp.

board.on(“ready”, function(){

// Create an analog Thermometer object:
    var temp = new five.Thermometer({
    pin: “A3”,
    freq: 1000
    });

temp.on(“data”, function() {
    console.log(“celsius: %d”, this.C);
    console.log(“fahrenheit: %d”, this.F);
    console.log(“kelvin: %d”, this.K);
    });

});

KatieK
    Participant

Here is the code that I’m using: https://gist.github.com/KatieK2/3fa9ef18cc634a0660626bacd8ca74ac. It didn’t paste in here – I don’t know why.

Note that I’m using Johnny-Five, which is a JavaScript library for hardware. It’s worked fine on other tinylab projects that I’ve used.

kerem

Could you please upload this code with Arduino IDE and check serial monitor? http://pastebin.com/iBT3Ndvf It’s to check whether the sensor is defective or not.

KatieK
    Participant

Huh. The C code you provided does report a correct temperature range.I guess that the hardware is working fine. I’ll have to take another look at the software side I’m using.

Thanks for the help! Sorry for the multiple posts up there – the code posts didn’t appear in the forum post.

KatieK
    Participant

In case anyone ever comes across this, the problem was that I hadn’t initialized the sensor type (LM35) in the Johnny-Five code. This is the fixed code, and it works fine:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.