Home Page Forums Raspberry Pi Shields Building out an IOT solution

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saeed 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

keith.fraley
    Participant

I am building out a self contained AIS (vessels) tracking base station using:
    *Raspberry Pi
    *sixfab LTE v2
    *AIS Hat –> https://www.tindie.com/products/astuder/daisy-hat-ais-receiver-for-raspberry-pi/

I am little confused on exactly what I need to order from sixfab to make this happen, my questions:

*Does the Quectel EC25 Mini PCle 4G/LTE Module also support 3G or do I need to decide up front if I want to go 3G or 4G?
    *I notice the Quectel EC25 Mini PCle 4G/LTE Module has three antenna ports, one for GPS, one for LTE and one for ??
    *Can anyone recommend a case that can support 2 HATS + a raspberry pi?
    *Will the LTE work with any US carrier?

Thanks and this is awesome stuff!!

Saeed

*Does the Quectel EC25 Mini PCle 4G/LTE Module also support 3G or do I need to decide up front if I want to go 3G or 4G?
    => Yes, the module is backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, ensuring that it can be connected even in remote areas devoid of 4G or 3G coverage.

*I notice the Quectel EC25 Mini PCle 4G/LTE Module has three antenna ports, one for GPS, one for LTE and one for ??
    ==> 2 ports are for LTE and 1 for GPS.

*Can anyone recommend a case that can support 2 HATS + a raspberry pi?
    ==> Sorry, there isn’t such case.

*Will the LTE work with any US carrier?
    ==> Yes, EC25-A works with US carrier.

Please read the description of the module from https://sixfab.com/product/quectel-ec25-mini-pcle-4glte-module/

Thank you

keith.fraley
    Participant

A follow up post.

This is the details for the board I want to use with the sixfab lte shield.

dAISy HAT

The dAISy HAT communicates with the Raspberry Pi through the serial port broken out one the
    Raspberry Pi’s expansion header. Out-of-the-box, the Raspberry Pi uses these pins for other purposes
    like a serial terminal or Bluetooth.

My question is can I use this board as it is currently configured (accordingly to the document) with the LTE board V2 from sixfab?

Saeed

There is no Pin overlapping with Sixfab Base Shield v2. So you can use it.

keith.fraley
    Participant

i have received my board, installed everything, activated the TMobile SIM but I am not able to connect the Pi

I am getting

IDX LINK TYPE OPERATIONAL SETUP
    1 lo loopback carrier unmanaged

Am I missing a set up set here?

Saeed

Hey Keith,

Did you check our tutorials?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.