Home Page Forums Raspberry Pi Shields Cellular Information via USB Connected Shield v2 w/ Quectel Module

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ensar 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mikehotel
    Participant

Hi, I have 3G/LTE Shield v2 with a Quectel 4G module installed. This is directly connected to a rPi4 via the provided USB cable into the top USB3 port. I have an ANKER USB hub plugged into the other USB3 port to give me more connectivity options.

Everything works fine and I’m happy with the device. However, I’d like to be able to interrogate the cellular module for network information, network used, signal strength etc.

Going via UART you can typically get this information via minicom and AT commands, but I’m not sure how I get the same type of information out of the device when connected via USB.

I’ve used minicom with the available USB ports to look at what I get. I have 6 /dev/ttyUSBx type ports. 0 and 1 have serial attached devices on them, 2 gives me no response, 3 displays GPS status information (presumably from the Quectel module), 4 & 5, show nothing.

Any assistance would be really appreciated.

ensar

Hi @mikehotel

Please check here

Using the command. dmesg | grep USB will show you the details of the USB connected to your RPi.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.