Home Page Forums Raspberry Pi Shields Cellular IoT App Shield status LED fades

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andyodgers 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

andyodgers
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a IoT App Shield plugged into a Windows host PC through the miniUSB, with the Quectel USB drives installed.

When initially plugged in, the red power goes on and so does the green status LED. However the green status LED fades away to being off. Pressing the PWR button doesn’t have any affect, and Windows doesn’t do the usual auto-USB driver loading when a USB device is plugged in.

Is there something wrong with what I’m doing? I just wanted to drive the AT commands manually, through a serial terminal emulator.

Thanks.

Saeed

Hi,

Do you have tried it over Raspberry Pi?

andyodgers
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, I meant the green Enable LED fades. Not green Status.

Yes, when on the pi the sample scripts work fine. The Red Status LED goes on with basicUDP.py for example, and the Green Enable LED fades slowly after a script completes.

I just can’t seem to make it power-up autonomously using the PWR button, if that’s what it’s meant to do, and present a simple serial AT interface to for example minicom on the Pi or Putty in serial mode on Windows.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.