Home Page Forums Raspberry Pi Shields Getting Started and test with SendSMS

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  rtarson 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

rtarson
    Participant

So I want to try to get this thing working, need of assistance being that I’m getting into this kind of stuff IoT that is. I see that on the product page for Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT HAT – LTE-M & NB-IoT & eGPRS there are Quectel Drivers for Linux.

My initial question in order to first start sending SMS do I need to install these drivers?

I have went through the steps on GitHub to get the examples working. I kind of just want to get something working so that I can not be frustrated and know that what I have works.

Currently I have a live and enabled Hologram IoT sim in my raspberry PI with a phone tied to the sim.

Like I said I followed the steps on the GitHub repo just as it specifies and I have first tried leaving the Script untouched with cellulariot.CellularIoT() as the node.

I run the script just like this: sudo python3 sendSMS.py. This is what the script looks like:

I’ve tried taking out command to wait for node.getResponse(“RDY”) and also changing ATE1. Nothing working.

Here is the output:

BG96 module disabled!
    BG96 module enabled!
    BG96 module powered up!
    ATE1
    ATE1
    ATE1

It will continue to report ATE1

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.