Home Page Forums Raspberry Pi Shields Raspberry Pi + UC20-G; Europe; SIM not inserted

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saeed 5 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

david.lechner
    Participant

Hi,

I want to enable internet on my Raspberry Pi, so I ordered Raspberry Pi 3G-4G/LTE Base Shield V2 and Quectel UC20-G Mini PCle 3G Module.

I followed the instructions from https://sixfab.com/ppp-installer-for-sixfab-shield/ and edited the /etc/chatscripts/chat-connect script to add the AT+CPIN command.

After I entered sudo pon, I get +CME ERROR: SIM not inserted^M.

The whole chat-connect script is:

The SIM-card is, of course, inserted.

It would be great, if you could help me.

Sincerely,
    David

Saeed
    Participant

Hi David,

Could you please remove the pin from the sim and try?

Best regards

david.lechner
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply!

I’m not able to do that.

But it works now. After I removed the shield from the Raspberry Pi, restarted, put it on again, do sudo pon, the connection is established!

But I got another problem. Everytime I restart the Raspberry, the interface is not comming up when the pin header and USB is connected. I need to remove everything again, restart it and then, sometimes, it works. If the shield is only connected via USB, everything works fine. Hence I think there is a problem with the pin header connection in combination with USB. Do I need to turn something off?

Best regards

Saeed
    Participant

Hey,

Is there anything that is keeping the GPIO busy behind? Could you please check it?

david.lechner
    Participant

Hey,

I just use SPI in addition to the Shield. Which GPIOs are crucial?

Saeed
    Participant

Hi,
    Here is the pinout diagram of the shield.
    GPIO base shield

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.