Home Page Forums Raspberry Pi Shields RasPI Cellular IOT Application Shield not connecting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saeed 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JamesL
    Participant

Has anyone had any success with getting this shield to connect? I am in the US and am attempting to use Verizon carrier. I have also tried several other carriers without success. I can minicom into the shield and run AT commands. I can see available networks but no connection is ever made. On this Queltec chip should the addition of the carrier SIM make it automatically connect to the newtork or is the other configuration steps that need to be taken?

I appreciate the help! Thanks

JamesL
    Participant

Update….I can now send SMS on Speedtalk. It appears to be going over the T-MOBILE network. I still can not send data but am waiting for my activation to go completely through.

JamesL
    Participant

Forgot to post in the previous entry but it appears that the device is not supporting on native Verizon. Whether or not you can do it through the IOT verizon program I don’t know considering I still haven’t been able to get into contact with anyone there.

Saeed

Hi James,

Thank you for mentioning the issue.
    Did you contact Verizon in order to register the device under their network?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.