Home Page Forums Raspberry Pi Shields Specific instructions Raspberry Pi 3G-4G/LTE Base Shield V2 via GPIO only

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin Mullis 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Justin Mullis
    Participant

I’ve been reading through the forum and see this asked a few times but without specific instructions in the replies. I would like to use the Raspberry Pi 3G-4G/LTE Base Shield V2 (with an EC25 modem) via GPIO only. I cannot connect the USB cable. What exactly needs to be done? Are the instructions here still applicable? https://sixfab.com/ppp-installer-for-sixfab-shield/

ensar

Hi Justin.

To use UART, you will need to solder 0 OHM/ short the UART RESISTOR pads available under the shield uart solder
    and you must set the device communication port to /dev/ttyS0 instead of /dev/ttyUSB3. You will also need to activate the serial port from the raspi-config or Preference > Raspberry Pi configuration.

Note: The speed via UART is slower than USB.

Justin Mullis
    Participant

Excellent, thank you! I don’t think I appreciated that its not really possible to get great speeds through any of the interfaces exposed by the GPIO of the Pi. So it makes sense the USB connection is so heavily recommended.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Justin Mullis.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Specific instructions Raspberry Pi 3G-4G/LTE Base Shield V2 via GPIO only’ is closed to new replies.