This is going to be your Initial setup of Raspberry Pi.
Before starting make sure:
- You have your SD card ready for the initial Setup (LINK).
- You have copied your UUID (LINK).
- Sixfab RPi Shield/HAT of your preference.
Steps you need to follow:
Insert you micro SD card to your favourite Raspberry Pi. I am using Raspberry Pi 3B+.
Attach the Sixfab Shield/HAT on the Raspberry Pi. I am using Base HAT with Quectel EC25 and antennas(for 4G connection).
Insert a SIM on your Shield/HAT.
Power up your Raspberry Pi and wait for an SSID to appear in your WiFi list of your Computer. The format of the Wifi SSID would be Sixfab-connect.
Connect to this open Wifi.
- Here, select the SSID of the your Wifi. (Not sixfab-connect). This is for your Raspberry Pi to connect to internet. You can either select from the dropdown list or enter manually. Then enter the Password of your Wifi.
- At the Section Dashboad Token or UUID, paste the UUID of the device obtain in the previous tutorial.
- Then select the HAT/Shield attached to the Raspberry Pi. Click on Select HAT Manually then from the dropdown list selct your HAT/Shield. In case of HAT it will detect automatically.
- Now, enter the APN of the SIM you are using. In my case it is internet.
- Set the Connection Priority, by Drag and Dropping among the available interfaces. Here, you have options for Ethernet connection, Wireless connection and Cellular connection. In cellular we recommend to use QMI, which is faster comparative to PPP. You can set the priority according to you preference.
- Finally, Click on Save and Reboot. This will save the configuration and reboot your Raspberry Pi.
- Now, you can connect your computer back to your wifi and step ahead.