Nvidia’s Jetson Nano is a low-cost yet high-powered embedded system-on-module and developer kit. The kit democratises disruptive technologies, such as Machine Learning, AI, Robotics, and more to the masses, especially programmers and young students who want to build and experiment with simple and low-cost AI projects, opening up a whole new world of innovation.
Overview on Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit
Not only has Nvidia kept its focus on developing graphic cards and video games, but it is also concentrating on building small form factor computing solutions, such as Jetson and Jetson Nano, the best AI developing kits for anyone interested and fascinated by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies.
Technical Specifications of Nvidia Jetson Nano
More than its affordable price and compact size, the technical features of the Jetson Nano are the nerve centre that connects you with your ideas and passion to create innovative products. Here are the Nvidia Jetson Nano specs that help you understand the fullest potential of this tiny yet mighty AI computer:
- GPU: The 128-core Nvidia Maxwell ™ GPU in this easy-to-use developer kit delivers the power of modern AI and Machine Learning that lets you run multiple neural networks in parallel.
- CPU: With its Quad-core ARM Cortex-A57 MPCore processor, your projects don’t take much time to process and run the entered codes.
- Memory: Nvidia Jetson comes with a memory of 4 GB 64-bit LPDDR4 that facilitates your project’s tasks to achieve its utmost operational performance and capabilities.
- Storage: Unlike Nvidia’s older models, this comes with a removable microSD card as its storage and boot device. Additionally, Nvidia Nano has an in-built storage of 16GB that is perfectly fine to deal with most of your complicated and humongous projects.
- Connectivity: Nvidia Jetson Nano offers you the functionalities and potential you require to conduct many AI tasks with its Gigabit Ethernet, M.2 Key E.
- Display: With its HDMI 2.0 and eDP 1.4, you can add more power to your projects, enabling you to manage them on any display with an HDMI port and USB touchscreen.
- USB: The more USB ports, the more consoles you can connect. Now get more devices and accessories connected to the Nvidia Nano with its 4x USB 3.0, USB 2.0 Micro-B ports.
Nvidia Jetson Nano Use Cases
Companies like Nvidia are continuously unveiling their devices that help a wide range of young scientists and students to build and experiment with their novel ideas that can significantly contribute to our betterment of technology and livelihood.
The Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit can be put to use as a real-time futuristic application for countless experiments and projects in robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and so much more. Users can run web servers, create simple security camera setups, design robots, develop motion detectors, and so on. With the growing need for advanced imaging and audio processing across various fields like wildlife conservation, leveraging these powerful yet compact AI supercomputers helps you unlock the maximum capabilities of your projects, prompting you to do more and better.
Unique Features of Nvidia Jetson Nano
While there are a plethora of benefits to using the Jetson Nano, some unique features are worth mentioning to emphasise the advanced specifications that come with it. Unlike the Nvidia Jetson Xavier NX, Nvidia Jetson AGX Xavier, and Nvidia Jetson TX2, Nvidia Jetson Nano is not power-hungry, meaning it consumes very little energy to do the tasks compared to its predecessors. It is affordable, has a good memory, and has accessible inputs and outputs.
Sample Projects To Do with Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit
Here are some mind-blowing Nvidia Jetson Nano projects that can be easily experimented with just by using the developer kit and some relevant accessories with a stable internet connection:
- Fire Detecting Drone – An inexpensive yet easily doable project that can come as a lifesaver, keeping you and your home safe.
- Sign Language Recognition Using Machine Learning – Leveraging machine learning and Jetson Nano, even a novice in AI and ML programming can create this wonderful project that helps you assist people with speech impediments and disabilities.
- Automatic License Number Plate Detection – An innovative project that detects and recognises the license number plate of a vehicle and reads the license numbers printed on the plate.
Enhance Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit Experience
More than being essential to your creativity and technology, Nvidia Jetson is highly capable and able to perform lots of complicated tasks to handle your everyday computing. Plus, it allows you to easily upgrade to the latest versions.Now experience seamless, global high-speed LTE connectivity to set up an NVIDIA Jetson Nano with Sixfab’s 4G/LTE Cellular Modem Kit for NVIDIA Jetson Nano Dev Kit that enables you to create machine learning and AI models that can be connected to the internet in real-time.