Arduino GPRS/GPS Tracker Shield
The Tracker Shield for Arduino is specially designed for tracking applications. It includes necessary parts to ease develop the location-based applications. Accurate GPS positioning with built-in LNA provides better sensitivity. Quad-band GSM/GPRS module at heart of the board will provide reliable data connectivity across the globe. With the embedded antennas, no need the mess of antenna cables and connector right out of the box. As the power-sensitive projects need advanced power controls and sleep mode feature which come with that board.
225 in stock
The Arduino GPRS/GPS Tracker Shield is based on Quectel’s M95 GSM/GPRS module with L96 GNSS/GPS. Built-in unique QuecFOTA™ technology allows M95 to update the firmware remotely. Additional features such as integrated TCP/IP protocol stacks, serial multiplexer and enhanced AT commands guarantee fast and reliable transmission of data and SMS via GSM/GPRS network and extend the functionality of the application at no additional cost. Combining advanced AGPS called EASY™ (Embedded Assist System) and proven AlwaysLocate™ technology, L96 fully meets the industrial standard and provides greatly reduced TTFF and ultra-low power consumption. EASY™ technology allows L96 to calculate and predict orbits automatically using the ephemeris data (up to 3 days) stored in internal flash memory, so the module can fix position quickly even at low signal levels and provide low power consumption. With AlwaysLocate™ technology, L96 can adaptively adjust the ON/OFF time to achieve balance between positioning accuracy and power consumption according to the environmental and motional conditions. Its super performance makes L96 ideal for automotive, industrial and consumer applications. Extremely low power consumption makes it easier to be applied to power sensitive devices, especially portable applications. We combined these two awesome modules on one board to make location-based applications on Arduino.
- Embedded GSM/GPRS and GNSS antennas, can be connect external antennas optionally
- Advanced power and sleep controls for battery and solar powered applications
- Industry’s highest level of GNSS sensitivity, accuracy and TTFF(Time to First Fix) with the lowest power consumption
- TTFF (Time to First Fix) ,Cold Start: <15s average, Warm Start: <5s average
- L96 GNSS module supports multiple positioning and navigation systems including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, SBAS (including WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS and GAGAN), QZSS, DGPS, and AGPS.
- M95 Quad-band GPRS module supports GSM850MHz, EGSM900MHz, DCS1800MHz and PCS1900MHz
- L96 module features embedded logger function provides a position log capacity of more than 16 hours
- Easy sense 3D FIX, Geo-Fence, 1PSS status via GNSS output pin connected to Arduino
- CR1220 GPS/GNSS Back-up Battery holder at the bottom side of the board
- External Active GNSS Antenna Connector (Solder Required)
- Less than 100 nanoAmps consumption when the power of Shield is disabled via Disable Pin
- Micro SIM Card supported
- GNSS Module Control Pins: 1PPS, 3D Fix, Force On, Geo-Fence, Reset
- GPRS Module Control Pins: Status, PowerKey
- LEDs: 1PPS, 3D FIX, Power, Status, Netlight
- Buttons: Powerkey, User
- Vehicle Management
- Security and asset tracking
- Bike sharing
- Smart parking
|A0||3D FIX||The 3D_FIX is assigned as a fix flag output. The pin will output a high voltage level to indicate successful positioning.|
|A2||STATUS||The STATUS pin is used to indicate the operation status of M95 module. It will output LOWlevel when the module is powered on.|
|A3||PWRKEY||The module can be turned on by driving the pin BG96 PWRKEY to a HIGH-level voltage more than 500ms then pulling it down. You
can apply the same process to power down to the module if it already powered up.
|D9||USER BUTTON||This pin is pulled-up by default. When button is pressed, pin switches to LOW.|
|D8||M95 RX||This pin functions as the serial data output from the module for UART communication. Software Serial used.|
|D7||M95 TX||This pin functions as the serial data input to the module for UART communication. Software Serial used.|
|D6||USER LED||Active HIGH, to switch on the USER LED, the pin’s state should be HIGH.|
|D5||1PPS||Pulse per second output. Pulse per Second (PPS) can be used for time service.|
|D4||FORCE ON||Logic high will force module to be woken up from backup mode.|
|D3||GEO-FENCE||Can be used by GEO-FENCE application in need of.|
|D2||GNSS RESET||L96 module can be restarted by driving the RESET pin to a HIGH level voltage for a certain time and then releasing it.|
|13||GNSS RX||UART communication that connected to software serial port of Arduino|
|15||GNSS TX||UART communication that connected to software serial port of Arduino|
- 1x Sixfab GPRS/GPS Tracker Shield for Arduino
Questions and answers of the customers
Q Do you have a tutorial for this shield and an example of how you can ping its location? answer nowAsked by 20 November 2019 6:31 PMonAnswered by the admin
No we don't have but you can look at them:
Q There are many Arduino boards, Due, Lenoardo, Uno, Mega. it is compatible with all of them? answer nowAsked by 19 November 2019 9:18 AMonAnswered by the admin
Compatible with the models like Arduino UNO, Leonardo and more.
Have a nice day.
Q Can the shield be attached to Arduino Mega Board ? answer nowAsked by 18 November 2019 3:32 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes it can.
Q What Arduino board is it (or not) compatible with? answer nowAsked by 18 November 2019 12:46 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes it is compatible.
Have a nice day.
Answered by the admin