This Tutorial is maintained in our documentation section.
Please submit your technical issues and feedback to the community forum.
Each of these shields can be connected to the Internet via PPP(Point to Point Protocol). For this tutorial, we have written a script to install and perform the required steps.
Without further ado let us jump into the installation process:
1. Get the script by the following command
2. Now change the permission of the downloaded script. chmod +x install.sh
3. Now install the script sudo ./install.sh It will ask several questions, just answer them accordingly to complete the installation process. The questions are:
- Please choose your Sixfab Shields/HATs
You will be offered to choose among the mentioned three shields. Then it will fetch required scripts for you.
- Do you have updated kernel
It asks if your kernel is up-to-date. If no[N] it updates the kernel else it skips the update. Then it installs ppp.
- What is your carrier APN?
Here, it asks for your carrier’s APN. For me it is hologram.
- Enter your PORT name
In this step you will enter your PORT. For 3G, 4G/LTE Base Shield && Base HAT it will be ttyUSB3.
- Do you want to activate auto-connect/reconnect service at R.Pi boot up?
This option allows you to connect to the Internet via your shield automatically when your Raspberry Pi Starts. If you want to connect to the Internet automatically type y else N. If you have selected N then you will need to run sudo pon to connect to the internet and sudo poff to stop it. Make sure your module is powered up(Not applicable for Base Shield).
Enjoy your Internet connection.
Route: One of the possible errors you may get is the routing error. In this case, run the following commands
sudo route del default
sudo route add default ppp0
If your carrier asks for username and password;
Remove noauth from /etc/ppp/peers/provider and add following lines
user “YOUR USERNAME”
In this article, you can read what the IoT term is, where it is used, how it is developed, why it is important, and where it is the technology development. In addition, in the article, “big data” and briefly industrial revolutions were mentioned.