In this tutorial we will be demonstrating you the process step by step. Without further ado, lets get started.
- Plug Quectel EC25 Mini PCIe module to the Sixfab 3G-4G/LTE Base Shield v2.
- Connect required antennas to EC25 module. (Antenna Connecting Guide will be Available soon!)
- Attach the Shield on top of your Raspberry Pi and connect the micro-USB cable that comes with the Shield.
Make sure you are using original Raspberry Adapter as your power source.
- First run update
sudo apt-get update
- Install Raspberry Pi kernel headers.
sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-kernel-headers
- Check installed kernel headers packet version
In our case, it is 4.14.79
- Now open your browser and go to rpi-firmware github repository commits
- Here, find out your version and click on <> button to browse the repository at that point in the history.
- From the link copy the hash as shown in the image below.
- Now go back your terminal and update rpi in following format. Replace the term <hash> with your hash as shown in the image.
sudo rpi-update <hash>
- Reboot your Raspberry Pi in order to activate the new firmware.
- After rebooting, download qmi_installer.sh script.
- Change the permission of the script.
sudo chmod +x qmi_install.sh
- Run the installer script
- At the end of installation enter any key to reboot your Raspberry Pi.
- |Open and change your directory to files/quectel-CM
- Now run the following command to connect to the Internet
sudo ./quectel-CM -s internet
Here internet is the APN for the network provider.
Don’t forget to replace it with your APN.
- Now you can check you IP using