This is the newest version of our Raspberry Pi 3G – 4G / LTE Base Shield, the smallest, most easy-to-use, and most versatile Cellular Communication Shield we ever designed.
- There is a clip-in Mini PCIe socket for your communication need.
- With the 4G/LTE Module(EC25) you can reach 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates and the 3G Module(Quectel UC20) delivers the maximum data rate of 14.4Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink, and – The modules have built-in GPS/GLONASS for your location-based applications.
- The modules of different regions&frequencies are in stock. You’ll need the get the compatible module with your region or carrier. Let us help you to while choosing the right module if you need: [email protected]
- You can power the shield via Micro USB or external 5V sources can be soldered. So, you can use the different batteries or power sources as you need.
- The Micro Sim Card socket can easily reachable on the upside of the shield.
- The shield is fully compatible with the single 40-pin expansion header of Raspberry Pi. With the 55 x 65mm dimensions, the shield is a perfect fit for Raspberry Pi.
- The shield can be used standalone with your PC/Laptop over Micro USB, without stacking with Raspberry Pi.
- You will get the special designed Micro USB cable- as you see on pictures- as a gift.
The Differences Between Old Version:
- %25 smaller
- No more need to screwing modules to shield. Thanks to the clip-in Mini PCIe socket, it’s more fun to mount the module on the shield.
- The Sim Card Socket is a Micro Sim Card Socket now, and it’s on the upside of the shield.
- The new power regulation circuit is more efficient and optimized so it’s cooler than old version while working.
- No more bulky DC-Barrel Jack! The power input of the shield is 5V and can be obtained via Micro USB or power pins.
What is the header option? It’s so basic:
Which pins used by shield: