Quectel UC20 3G IoT Mini PCIe is a series of powerful function UMTS/HSPA+ module featuring a maximum data rate of 14.4Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink. It is designed to provide customers with global network coverage on the connectivity of HSPA+/WCDMA.
The module is fully backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, ensuring that it can be connected even in remote areas devoid of 3G coverage.
UC20 supports multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology, a cutting-edge antenna technology capable of transmitting multiple data streams on multiple transmitters to multiple receivers. The antennas at each end of the communication circuit are combined to minimize errors and optimize data speed. The module also combines high-speed wireless connectivity with embedded multi-constellation high-sensitivity GNSS receiver.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Linux(Raspian), Android/eCall) extend the applicability of
the module to a wide range of M2M applications such as an industrial router, industrial PDA, rugged tablet PC, minicomputers like Raspberry Pi, video surveillance and digital signage.
The compact profile of 51.0mm × 30.0mm × 4.9mm in standard Mini PCIe form factor and the high integration level enable integrators and developers to easily design their applications and truly benefit from the low power consumption and convenient Plug and Play function.
You can easily insert a Mini PCIe module in Sixfab Base Shield then start using cellular internet with your Raspberry Pi. Both UART and USB communication with the module is available with the shield.
- Worldwide UMTS/HSDPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage with single module
- With the Sixfab Base Shield, you can easily use UC20 with your projects.
- High-quality data and image transmission even in a harsh environment
- GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any location
- MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems
- 3GPP E-UTRA Release 11
- Bandwidth: 1.4/3/5/10/15/20MHz
- Temperature Range: -40°C ~ +80°C
- Dimensions: 51.0mm x 30.0mm x 4.9mm
- Approx. 9.8g
- Supply Voltage: 3.0V~3.6V, 3.3V Typ.
- 3GPP TS27.007 and Enhanced AT Commands
- Video/Music Streaming
- Large Data Downloads and Uploads
- LTE Dongle/Router
- Mobile Internet Hotspot
- High-speed GPS Tracking
- Real-time Environmental Monitoring
- Smart City & Agriculture Applications
- Smart Parking
- Security & Asset tracking
UC20-G is the global version of the module, it can be used all around the world.
- 800/850/900/1900/2100MHz @UMTS
- 850/900/1800/1900MHz @GSM
HSDPA: Max.14.4Mbps (DL)
HSUPA: Max.5.76Mbps (UL)
WCDMA: Max.384Kbps (DL) / Max.384Kbps (UL)
EDGE: Max.236.8Kbps (DL) / Max.236.8Kbps (UL)
GPRS: Max. 85.6Kbps (DL) / Max. 85.6Kbps (UL)
CSD: Max.14.4Kbps (DL) / Max. 14.4Kbps (UL)
*DL: Downlink, UL: Uplink
Note: This speeds highly depends on the in-use antenna, environment and the distance to base stations.
Speech Codec Modes:
Echo Cancellation/Noise Reduction
- Text and PDU Mode
- SMS Cell Broadcast
- Point-to-point MO and MT
- USB 2.0 with High Speed up to 480Mbps
- Digital Audio through PCM (Optional)
- 1.8V/3.0V (U)SIM Card Interface
- ADC × 2: 15 Bits
- STATUS for Power ON/OFF Status Indication
- LED_WWAN# for Network Status Indication
- W_DISABLE# for Disabling RF Function
- UART × 2: Main UART, Debug UART
- PERST# for Module Resetting
- RTC Backup
- SD Card Interface
- Firmware Update: via USB or UART Interface
- FOTA: QuecFOTA/DFOTA
- (U)SIM Card Insertion Detection
- QuecFile: File System Access and Management
DL MIMO, Support Rx-diversity/GNSS Antennas
Delta Firmware Upgrade Over the Air
- Qualcomm gpsOne Gen8 with 16 GPS Channels and 14 GLONASS Channels
- SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS)
- Support XTRA™ Technology
- Accuracy <1.5m CEP-50 @Open Sky
- TTFF @-130dBm with XTRA™:
- Cold/Warm/Hot Start: Typ. 22s/3s/2s
- TTFF @-130dBm without XTRA™:
- Cold/Warm/Hot Start: Typ. 32s/29s/2.5s
- Sensitivity with LNA:
- Cold Start/Reacquisition/Tracking: -147dBm/-159dBm/-161dBm
- Power Saving Mode: DPO Mode
- Dedicated GNSS AT Commands
!WARNING: When you use EC25 with Sixfab Base Shield, may all features not be enabled in the shield.
UC20 antenna interfaces include a main antenna interface and a GNSS antenna interface. The impedance of the antenna ports are 50Ω.
All of the antenna connectors are ECT818000117. This is compatible with the Hirose U.FL(known by a variety of
names including AMC, UMCC, IPX) connectors. The recommended RF connector is UF.L-R-SMT.
GNSS/GPS: Sixfab GNSS Antennas
- Class 4 (33dBm±2dB) for GSM850 and EGSM900
- Class 1 (30dBm±2dB) for DCS1800 and PCS1900
- Class E2 (27dBm±3dB) for GSM850 and EGSM900 8-PSK
- Class E2 (26dBm+3/-4dB) for DCS1800 and PCS1900 8-PSK
- Class 3 (24dBm+1/-3dB) for UMTS800/850/900/1900/2100
- 20μA @Power Off
- 2.7mA @GSM Sleep, DRX=2 (USB Disconnected)
- 2.7mA @WCDMA Sleep, DRX=6 (USB Disconnected)
- 269mA @GSM Voice, Max Power
- 503mA @WCDMA Voice, Max Power
- 587mA @GPRS Data, Max Power
- 469mA @EDGE Data, Max Power
- 548mA @HSDPA, Max Power
- 534mA @HSUPA, Max Power
Note: The consumption results obtained while GNSS OFF.
- -110dBm @UMTS Bands
- -108.5dBm @GSM850/EGSM900
- -108dBm @DCS1800/PCS1900
USB Serial Driver:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Windows CE 5.0/6.0/7.0*
- Linux 2.6/3.x/4.1~4.14
- Android 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x
RIL Driver: Android 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x
NIDS Driver: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
Gobinet Driver: Linux 2.6/3.x/4.1~4.14
QMI_WWAN Driver: 3.x (3.4 or later)/4.1~4.14
- Make a PPP internet connection with 3G, 4G/LTE Shields on Raspberry Pi
- Using Sixfab 3G or 4G Raspberry Pi shield as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Raspberry Pi Youtube/Facebook Live Video Streamer with Sixfab 3G/LTE Shields
- Raspberry Pi Twitter Bot with Sixfab GPRS/3G/LTE Shield
- Raspberry Pi Security System with Sixfab 3G/LTE Shields
- GPS Tracker with 3G, 4G/LTE shield
- Download Quectel UC20 AT Commands Manual v1.2
- Download Quectel UC20 PPP AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel UC20 HTTP AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel UC20 TCPIP AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel UC20 FTP AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel UC20 GNSS AT Commands Manual v1.1
You can download all the documentation that officially provided for UC20 Mini PCIe module from this Quectel link. (110MB).
- 1x Quectel UC20-G Mini PCIe 4G IoT Global Module
Questions and answers of the customers
Q I need to keep open session over the 3G Internet connection to a remote server and send SMS alert... answer nowAsked by 31 October 2019 9:23 AMonAnswered by the admin Hi. Yes, you can. You can send SMS over 3G.