This Quectel EC25 Mini PCIe is a series of LTE category 4 module adopting standard PCI Express® MiniCard form factor (Mini PCIe). It is optimized specially for M2M and IoT applications and delivers 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates.
The module is backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, ensuring that it can be connected even in remote areas devoid of 4G or 3G coverage.
EC25 supports Qualcomm® IZat™ location technology Gen8C Lite (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS). The integrated GNSS greatly simplifies product design and provides quicker, more accurate and more dependable positioning.
EC25 supports multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology, a cutting-edge antenna technology capable of transmitting multiple data streams on multiple transmitters to multiple receivers. The antennas at each end of the communication circuit are combined to minimize errors and optimize data speed. The module also combines high-speed wireless connectivity with embedded multi-constellation high-sensitivity GNSS receiver.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Linux(Raspian), Android/eCall) extend the applicability of
the module to a wide range of M2M applications such as an industrial router, industrial PDA, rugged tablet PC, minicomputers like Raspberry Pi, video surveillance and digital signage.
You can easily insert a Mini PCIe module in Sixfab Base Shield then start using cellular internet with your Raspberry Pi. Both UART and USB communication with modules is available.
- With the Sixfab Base Shield, you can easily use EC25 with your projects.
- EC25 is fallback compatible with UMTS/HSPA+ UC20 module and multi-mode LTE EC20 module in the compact and unified form factor, providing a flexible and scalable platform for migrating from UMTS/HSPA+ to LTE.
- Multi-constellation GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment
- MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems
- 3GPP E-UTRA Release 11
- Bandwidth: 1.4/3/5/10/15/20MHz
- Temperature Range: -40°C ~ +80°C
- Dimensions: 51.0mm x 30.0mm x 4.9mm
- Approx. 9.8g
- Supply Voltage: 3.0V~3.6V, 3.3V Typ.
- 3GPP TS27.007 and Enhanced AT Commands
- Video/Music Streaming
- Large Data Downloads and Uploads
- LTE Dongle/Router
- Mobile Internet Hotspot
- High-speed GPS Tracking
- Real-time Environmental Monitoring
- Smart City & Agriculture Applications
- Smart Parking
- Security & Asset tracking
Variant for Europe/Middle East/Africa/Korea/Thailand/India
EC25-E Mini PCIe:
LTE FDD: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20
LTE TDD: B38/B40/B41
Certification: RCM/CE/Deutsche Telekom/ICASA/FAC/GCF/LGU+*/Telefonica*/KT
Variants for North America
EC25-A Mini PCIe:
LTE FDD: B2/B4/B12
Certification: FCC/PTCRB/IC/ AT&T/T-Mobile
EC25-V Mini PCIe:
LTE FDD: B4/B13
Certification: FCC/GCF/ Verizon
Variant for Australia/New Zealand/Taiwan/Brazil
EC25-AU Mini PCIe:
LTE FDD: B1/B2①/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B28
LTE TDD: B40
Variant for Japan
EC25-J Mini PCIe:
LTE FDD: B1/B3/B8/B18/B19/B26
LTE TDD: B41
Certification: JATE/TELEC/ DOCOMO/ SoftBank/KDDI
Variant for Australia Telstra
EC25-AUT Mini PCIe:
LTE FDD: B1/B3/B5/B7/B28
Note: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet Interfaces, Embedded GNSS are supported by all variations.
①: Rx-diversity not supported.
LTE FDD: Max 150Mbps (DL)/Max 50Mbps (UL)
LTE TDD: Max 130Mbps (DL)/Max 35Mbps (UL)
DC-HSDPA: Max 42Mbps (DL)
HSUPA: Max 5.76Mbps (UL)
WCDMA: Max 384Kbps (DL)/Max 384Kbps (UL)
EDGE: Max 296Kbps (DL)/Max 236.8Kbps (UL)
GPRS: Max 107Kbps (DL)/Max 85.6Kbps (UL)
Note: This speeds highly depends the on the in-use antenna, environment and the distance to base stations.
Speech Codec Modes:
Echo Cancellation/Noise Reduction
Digital Audio and VoLTE (Voice over LTE)(Optional)
- USB 2.0 with High Speed up to 480Mbps
- 1.8V/3.0V (U)SIM Card Interface
- LED_WWAN# for Network Status Indication
- W_DISABLE# for Disabling RF Function
- UART × 1
- PERST# for Module Resetting
- (U)SIM Card Detection
DL MIMO, Support Rx-diversity/GNSS Antennas
Delta Firmware Upgrade Over the Air
!WARNING: When you use the EC25 with Sixfab Base Shield, may all features not be enabled in the shield.
EC25 antenna interfaces include a main antenna interface, an Rx-diversity antenna interface which is
used to resist the fall of signals caused by high-speed movement and multipath effect and a GNSS
antenna interface. The impedance of the antenna port is 50Ω.
For the just cellular connection, you’ll need just connect an antenna to the main antenna port. To obtain better Rx-sensitivity and signal reception, we’d recommend an additional antenna to Rx-diversity antenna port. Rx-diversity function(ANT_DIV) is enabled by default.
All of the antenna connectors are ECT818000117. This is compatible with the Hirose U.FL(known by a variety of
names including AMC, UMCC, IPX) connectors. The recommended RF connector is UF.L-R-SMT.
LTE: Sixfab LTE Antennas
GPS/GNSS: Sixfab GNSS Antennas
- Class 3 (23dBm±2dB) for LTE
- Class 3 (24dBm+1/-3dB) for UMTS
- Class E2 (27dBm±3dB) for EDGE 850/900MHz
- Class E2 (26dBm±3dB) for EDGE 1800/1900MHz
- Class 4 (33dBm±2dB) for GSM 850/900MHz
- Class 1 (30dBm±2dB) for GSM 1800/1900MHz
- 3.6mA @Sleep, Typically
- 35mA @Idle
- 750mA @WCDMA data transfer, Typ.(GNSS OFF)
- 950mA @LTE data transfer, Typ.(GNSS OFF)
- 75mA @Searching, GNSS, Typ.
- 55mA @Tracking, GNSS, Typ.
- LTE B1, B3, : -101.5dBm (10M)
- LTE B2, B4, B5, B8, B12: -101dBm (10M)
- LTE B7: -99.5dBm (10M)
- LTE B13: -100dBm (10M)
- LTE B20: -102.5dB (10M)
- LTE B28: -102dBm (10M)
- UMTS B1, B2, B4: -110dBm
- UMTS B5, B8: -110.5dBm
- GSM, DCS: -109dBm
USB Serial Driver:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Windows CE 5.0/6.0/7.0*
- Linux 2.6/3.x/4.1
- Android 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x
RIL Driver: Android 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x
NIDS Driver: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
ECM Driver*: Linux 2.6/3.x/4.1
Gobinet Driver: Linux 2.6/3.x/4.1
Linux qmi wwan Driver: 3.x (3.4 or later)/4.1
- Make a PPP internet connection with 3G, 4G/LTE Shields on Raspberry Pi
- Using Sixfab 3G or 4G Raspberry Pi shield as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Raspberry Pi Youtube/Facebook Live Video Streamer with Sixfab 3G/LTE Shields
- Raspberry Pi Twitter Bot with Sixfab GPRS/3G/LTE Shield
- Raspberry Pi Security System with Sixfab 3G/LTE Shields
- GPS Tracker with 3G, 4G/LTE shield
- Download Quectel EC25 AT Commands Manual v1.2
- Download Quectel EC25 PPP AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel EC25 HTTPS AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel EC25 TCPIP AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel EC25 FTPS AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel EC25 GNSS AT Commands Manual v1.1
You can download all the documentation that officially provided for EC25 Mini PCIe module from this Quectel link. (101MB).
- 1x Quectel EC25-X Mini PCIe 4G IoT Module
EC25-A, EC25-E, EC25-AU, EC25-J, EC25-V, EC25-AUT, EC25-J-DCM, EC25-J-SBK
Questions and answers of the customers
Q I am using this module to succesfully connect a raspberrypi_2 to internet. I also want to remotel... answer nowAsked by 18 July 2019 1:27 PMonAnswered by the admin
I hope the following documentation will help you.
CLICK FOR DOCUMENTATION
Q Do y'all have cases for this setup? The base shield with the 3g/4g module, mounted on the raspber... answer nowAsked by 16 July 2019 4:35 PMonAnswered by the admin
Q Will this work in Canada with any major provider? What about with the antenna and base shield lis... answer nowAsked by 16 July 2019 1:39 AMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, I will work with Canada Providers. The antenna is suitable for the module.
Q Is the EC25-AF available? I only see the EC25-A in the drop down menu. The AF module is stated to... answer nowAsked by 14 July 2019 3:54 PMonAnswered by the admin
AF variant is not available yet.
Q Are you able to send / receive SMS with this module? answer nowAsked by 13 July 2019 11:23 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, you can.
Q Does this work with Indian Carriers like Airtel, Reliance Jio Etc. Also I would need connectivity... answer nowAsked by 8 July 2019 6:58 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, It will work.
Q Does this module expose the ADC0 or ADC1 interfaces on the base EC25 module? answer nowAsked by 23 June 2019 6:21 PMonAnswered by the admin No, It doesn't expose any of ADC interface on the EC25 mini PCIe module.
Q What is the difference between the two EC25 Chips for Australia? Will the Non-Telstra chip work w... answer nowAsked by 21 June 2019 1:52 AMonAnswered by the admin The EC25-AU will work with Telstra SIM too. Please contact the manufacturer for details. (https://www.quectel.com/support/)
Q Does it only work on 4G/LTE network, or can you get data on 3G and 2G as well? answer nowAsked by 1 April 2019 1:23 PMonAnswered by the admin The module is backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, ensuring that it can be connected even in remote areas devoid of 4G or 3G coverage.